Re: line length and jumping?

  • skim_64
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2004
      --- That sounds like it could be a lot of fun to ride on some 45
      meter lines! LOL. Let me know if you get the hang of jumping and
      getting some pop on those lengths.
    • woodman_k
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2004
        Still waiting for some friggin wind. One thing about the 45m lines
        is you get a huge window which makes a toeside turn or any
        transition really easy to come out powered in no wind. I would say
        in a safe launch it might be a good thing for beginners as the power
        is so smooth. That probably goes against all the safety concerns
        though...

        I will try a moderate line increase next time to 35m or so.

        Cheers
        Stan
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, skim_64 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > --- That sounds like it could be a lot of fun to ride on some 45
        > meter lines! LOL. Let me know if you get the hang of jumping and
        > getting some pop on those lengths.
      • hungvuatnetcomdotca
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2004
          Stan,

          I used to be able to jump 5 to 10' with a XXXL and 45 m line in around
          10 - 11 knots.

          I also jumped very high with a 5m Jojo Rage and 40 m line in stronger
          wind.

          Hung.