Re: Cabarete - any schools teach with PWCs or boat recovery?

  • flkitesurfer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hello Marc,

      I was just down in Cabarete for a few days. Stefan at kitexcite.com
      filled me in on his new training setup including radio communications
      with students via a helmet radio and a chase boat to take students
      well away from shore and the crowds to work on skills.

      Have a good trip,

      FKA, Inc.

      transcribed by:
      Rick Iossi

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Bornebusch, Marc (IT)"
      <marc.bornebusch@m...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > does anyone know of any schools in Cabarete (or close) that teach with
      > PWC (personal water craft). I'm heading over with a friend who can't
      > quite stay upwind yet consistently and doesn't want to spend all day
      > walking back up the crowded beach.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > Marc
    • Neil Harper
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2004
        The local kids love to act as kite caddies for you charge very little and
        will help carry launch and land your kite, talk to Stacy at
        www.laureleastmankiteboarding.com Rich who works for them is a really good
        instructor if lessons are appropriate but I am sure they could hook you up
        with what you need. Also I think PWC's would cause more problems than they
        would solve although there are a few reefs to be wary of, Cabarete is pretty
        safe and the walk up the beach isn't too strenuous and certainly I can
        remember the upwind walk of shame being a prime motivator to improve.

        does anyone know of any schools in Cabarete (or close) that teach with
        PWC (personal water craft). I'm heading over with a friend who can't
        quite stay upwind yet consistently and doesn't want to spend all day
        walking back up the crowded beach.

        Thanks in advance,

        Marc

        http://www.KiteHIGH.com