Cabarete - any schools teach with PWCs or boat recovery?

  • Bornebusch, Marc (IT)
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hi all,

      does anyone know of any schools in Cabarete (or close) that teach with
      PWC (personal water craft). I'm heading over with a friend who can't
      quite stay upwind yet consistently and doesn't want to spend all day
      walking back up the crowded beach.

      Thanks in advance,

      Marc
    • flkitesurfer
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2004
        Hello Marc,

        I was just down in Cabarete for a few days. Stefan at kitexcite.com
        filled me in on his new training setup including radio communications
        with students via a helmet radio and a chase boat to take students
        well away from shore and the crowds to work on skills.

        Have a good trip,

        FKA, Inc.

        transcribed by:
        Rick Iossi

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Bornebusch, Marc (IT)"
        <marc.bornebusch@m...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > does anyone know of any schools in Cabarete (or close) that teach with
        > PWC (personal water craft). I'm heading over with a friend who can't
        > quite stay upwind yet consistently and doesn't want to spend all day
        > walking back up the crowded beach.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Marc
      • Neil Harper
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2004
          The local kids love to act as kite caddies for you charge very little and
          will help carry launch and land your kite, talk to Stacy at
          www.laureleastmankiteboarding.com Rich who works for them is a really good
          instructor if lessons are appropriate but I am sure they could hook you up
          with what you need. Also I think PWC's would cause more problems than they
          would solve although there are a few reefs to be wary of, Cabarete is pretty
          safe and the walk up the beach isn't too strenuous and certainly I can
          remember the upwind walk of shame being a prime motivator to improve.

          does anyone know of any schools in Cabarete (or close) that teach with
          PWC (personal water craft). I'm heading over with a friend who can't
          quite stay upwind yet consistently and doesn't want to spend all day
          walking back up the crowded beach.

          Thanks in advance,

          Marc

          http://www.KiteHIGH.com