Re: [ksurf] Best Kites, what's the deal

  • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
      Well let's just have the wheat here then.
      Anybody using Best Kites?

      Steve

      8/1/2004 2:47:53 PM, "loco" <loco4olas@...> wrote:

      >Go to www.kiteforum.com and you'll see all sorts of Best stuff there-sorting
      >the wheat from the chaff could be difficult however.
      >
      >Loco4you

    • Michael Alpert
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
        I have two quivers of Best kites. I've been riding for about 4 years
        now and get in about 100 sessions a year. I started with foils then
        moved to Naish, then Takoon, now Best. I think the Best kites rock.
        I have a quiver of Nemesis and a quiver of Yargas and in my opinion
        they are the best kites I've owned to date. Don't let the great
        price fool you, these are great durable and high performance kites.
        I like that you can customize the bar sets seperately.

        at this stage of the game, all the kites are good and I'd venture to
        say that you're at a level where the kite is not the thing holding
        you back. There are great riders ripping it up on all types of kites
        from all manufacturers. Like I said, I am extremely happy with the
        Best kites in the way of durability, function, performance, and value.

        Mike

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, vela2scuba <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Ok all and wise ones, what's up with Best Kites? Good kites? Why so
        > cheap? It seems to good to be true but I did notice they've already
        > raised the price of a board that hasn't been "in stock" for normal
        > guys like me, but hmmmm.
        > I heard they were banned from an event in So Padre?
        >
        > Anybody ride any of this stuff?
        >
        > Shannon Best was in Hood River ripping it up, I saw him so I know
        he
        > at least does have kites with Best on the side. But, I could order
        > China kites and put whatever on the side.
        >
        > Please inform the group..
      • geoff hopkins
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
          I just got back from Maui, and they seem pretty
          popular there, espeically for the new people getting
          into the sport.. Most big name riders are using other
          kites.. but i would say the top 3 used brands at
          kitebeach were Cabrinha, Naish, and Best

          i had a friend who just got a best kite, and i will
          fly it this weekend to check it out and give a
          report.. i am openminded, but some people are totally
          against them.. they do have a sweet website, and nice
          prices.

          geo
          kitecorpus.com

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • hungvuatnetcomdotca
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, CCKiteboarder@h... wrote:
            > Well let's just have the wheat here then.
            > Anybody using Best Kites?
            >
            > Steve

            I have used the EH Wave 9m extensively (is EH kites Best's kites???)
            and it is an excellent kite (probably the best kite I have ever used
            in that size).

            Eric is definitely an excellent kite designer, I would buy kites from
            any company he designs for...

            Hung.
          • Don Holley
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 3, 2004
              http://www.bestkiteboarding.com

            • georgeiw@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3, 2004
                bestkiteboarding.com

              • geoff hopkins
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 3, 2004
                  bestkiteboarding.com

                  --- Gregory Gordon <ndomiso@...> wrote:

                  > what is the url for best kites?
                  >
                  > greg
                  >
                  > At 06:32 AM 2004/08/03 +0000, you wrote:
                  > >--- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, CCKiteboarder@h...
                  > wrote:
                  > > > Well let's just have the wheat here then.
                  > > > Anybody using Best Kites?
                  > > >
                  > > > Steve
                  > >
                  > >I have used the EH Wave 9m extensively (is EH kites
                  > Best's kites???)
                  > >and it is an excellent kite (probably the best kite
                  > I have ever used
                  > >in that size).
                  > >
                  > >Eric is definitely an excellent kite designer, I
                  > would buy kites from
                  > >any company he designs for...
                  > >
                  > >Hung.
                  > >

                  > >This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com Kitesurfing
                  > >
                  > >http://www.KiteHIGH.com
                  > >ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
                  > >ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
                  > >Em: support@...
                  > >
                  > >== to unsubscribe send an email to
                  > kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com or
                  > >go to www.yahoogroups.com/group/kitesurf ==
                  > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > http://www.KiteHIGH.com
                  > ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
                  > ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
                  > Em: support@...
                  >
                  > == to unsubscribe send an email to
                  > kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com or go to
                  > www.yahoogroups.com/group/kitesurf ==
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • Gregory Gordon
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 3, 2004
                    what is the url for best kites?

                    greg

                    At 06:32 AM 2004/08/03 +0000, you wrote:
                    >--- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, CCKiteboarder@h... wrote:
                    > > Well let's just have the wheat here then.
                    > > Anybody using Best Kites?
                    > >
                    > > Steve
                    >
                    >I have used the EH Wave 9m extensively (is EH kites Best's kites???)
                    >and it is an excellent kite (probably the best kite I have ever used
                    >in that size).
                    >
                    >Eric is definitely an excellent kite designer, I would buy kites from
                    >any company he designs for...
                    >
                    >Hung.
                    >

                    >This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com Kitesurfing
                    >
                    >http://www.KiteHIGH.com
                    >ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
                    >ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
                    >Em: support@...