Best Kites, what's the deal

  • vela2scuba
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
      Ok all and wise ones, what's up with Best Kites? Good kites? Why so
      cheap? It seems to good to be true but I did notice they've already
      raised the price of a board that hasn't been "in stock" for normal
      guys like me, but hmmmm.
      I heard they were banned from an event in So Padre?

      Anybody ride any of this stuff?

      Shannon Best was in Hood River ripping it up, I saw him so I know he
      at least does have kites with Best on the side. But, I could order
      China kites and put whatever on the side.

      Please inform the group..
    • loco
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
        Go to www.kiteforum.com and you'll see all sorts of Best stuff there-sorting
        the wheat from the chaff could be difficult however.

        Loco4you

        > Ok all and wise ones, what's up with Best Kites? Good kites? Why so
        > cheap? It seems to good to be true but I did notice they've already
        > raised the price of a board that hasn't been "in stock" for normal
        > guys like me, but hmmmm.
        > I heard they were banned from an event in So Padre?
        >
        > Anybody ride any of this stuff?
        >
        > Shannon Best was in Hood River ripping it up, I saw him so I know he
        > at least does have kites with Best on the side. But, I could order
        > China kites and put whatever on the side.
        >
        > Please inform the group..

        > http://www.KiteHIGH.com
        > ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
        > ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
        > Em: support@...

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Geoffrey Cabral

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
            Well let's just have the wheat here then.
            Anybody using Best Kites?

            Steve

            8/1/2004 2:47:53 PM, "loco" <loco4olas@...> wrote:

            >Go to www.kiteforum.com and you'll see all sorts of Best stuff there-sorting
            >the wheat from the chaff could be difficult however.
            >
            >Loco4you

          • Michael Alpert
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
              I have two quivers of Best kites. I've been riding for about 4 years
              now and get in about 100 sessions a year. I started with foils then
              moved to Naish, then Takoon, now Best. I think the Best kites rock.
              I have a quiver of Nemesis and a quiver of Yargas and in my opinion
              they are the best kites I've owned to date. Don't let the great
              price fool you, these are great durable and high performance kites.
              I like that you can customize the bar sets seperately.

              at this stage of the game, all the kites are good and I'd venture to
              say that you're at a level where the kite is not the thing holding
              you back. There are great riders ripping it up on all types of kites
              from all manufacturers. Like I said, I am extremely happy with the
              Best kites in the way of durability, function, performance, and value.

              Mike

              --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, vela2scuba <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Ok all and wise ones, what's up with Best Kites? Good kites? Why so
              > cheap? It seems to good to be true but I did notice they've already
              > raised the price of a board that hasn't been "in stock" for normal
              > guys like me, but hmmmm.
              > I heard they were banned from an event in So Padre?
              >
              > Anybody ride any of this stuff?
              >
              > Shannon Best was in Hood River ripping it up, I saw him so I know
              he
              > at least does have kites with Best on the side. But, I could order
              > China kites and put whatever on the side.
              >
              > Please inform the group..
            • geoff hopkins
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
                I just got back from Maui, and they seem pretty
                popular there, espeically for the new people getting
                into the sport.. Most big name riders are using other
                kites.. but i would say the top 3 used brands at
                kitebeach were Cabrinha, Naish, and Best

                i had a friend who just got a best kite, and i will
                fly it this weekend to check it out and give a
                report.. i am openminded, but some people are totally
                against them.. they do have a sweet website, and nice
                prices.

                geo
                kitecorpus.com

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              • hungvuatnetcomdotca
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
                  --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, CCKiteboarder@h... wrote:
                  > Well let's just have the wheat here then.
                  > Anybody using Best Kites?
                  >
                  > Steve

                  I have used the EH Wave 9m extensively (is EH kites Best's kites???)
                  and it is an excellent kite (probably the best kite I have ever used
                  in that size).

                  Eric is definitely an excellent kite designer, I would buy kites from
                  any company he designs for...

                  Hung.
                • Don Holley
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 3, 2004
                    http://www.bestkiteboarding.com

                  • georgeiw@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 3, 2004
                      bestkiteboarding.com

                    • geoff hopkins
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 3, 2004
                        bestkiteboarding.com

                        --- Gregory Gordon <ndomiso@...> wrote:

                        > what is the url for best kites?
                        >
                        > greg
                        >
                        > At 06:32 AM 2004/08/03 +0000, you wrote:
                        > >--- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, CCKiteboarder@h...
                        > wrote:
                        > > > Well let's just have the wheat here then.
                        > > > Anybody using Best Kites?
                        > > >
                        > > > Steve
                        > >
                        > >I have used the EH Wave 9m extensively (is EH kites
                        > Best's kites???)
                        > >and it is an excellent kite (probably the best kite
                        > I have ever used
                        > >in that size).
                        > >
                        > >Eric is definitely an excellent kite designer, I
                        > would buy kites from
                        > >any company he designs for...
                        > >
                        > >Hung.
                        > >

                        > >This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com Kitesurfing
                        > >
                        > >http://www.KiteHIGH.com
                        > >ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
                        > >ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
                        > >Em: support@...
                        > >
                        > >== to unsubscribe send an email to
                        > kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com or
                        > >go to www.yahoogroups.com/group/kitesurf ==
                        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                        > http://www.KiteHIGH.com
                        > ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
                        > ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
                        > Em: support@...
                        >
                        > == to unsubscribe send an email to
                        > kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com or go to
                        > www.yahoogroups.com/group/kitesurf ==
                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                      • Gregory Gordon
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 3, 2004
                          what is the url for best kites?

                          greg

                          At 06:32 AM 2004/08/03 +0000, you wrote:
                          >--- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, CCKiteboarder@h... wrote:
                          > > Well let's just have the wheat here then.
                          > > Anybody using Best Kites?
                          > >
                          > > Steve
                          >
                          >I have used the EH Wave 9m extensively (is EH kites Best's kites???)
                          >and it is an excellent kite (probably the best kite I have ever used
                          >in that size).
                          >
                          >Eric is definitely an excellent kite designer, I would buy kites from
                          >any company he designs for...
                          >
                          >Hung.
                          >

                          >This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com Kitesurfing
                          >
                          >http://www.KiteHIGH.com
                          >ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
                          >ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
                          >Em: support@...