How do I get G2 15m2 going in light winds?

  • peter_nordlund2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2004
      Hello Arc-users,

      I have a problem to get my G2 15m2 going in light winds.
      My weight is 75 kilos. Board: Airush Fusion 158 cm.
      Skill: newbie.

      I have no problems with my g2 11m2. Works as expected.
      Stacking G2 15m2 and 11m2 works better than expected.
      It seems like the 11m2 at the bottom speeds up the stack
      and helps the topmost slow kite to get going.

      15m2 alone I can't get it up to speed until the wind is
      almost as strong as needed to get going with my G2 11m2.
      I usually ride with 27 m lines, sometimes extending up to
      35m.

      Sometimes I can't get the kite up to speed even when diving
      it straight down.

      Now the question is: Is this my fault or the kites fault?
      I am starting to suspect that I don't have enough line tension
      when diving the kite. But when increasing the tension on the lines
      it is very easy to stop the kite totally.

      I have read about all the clipping mods.
      I would try to avoid them if possible.
      If I want to clip. Is it the 4-line clip that is best?
      I tried clipping the front lines. Can't really tell if
      if there was a difference.

      I am thinking of modifying the kite and make the rear
      internal strap adjustable. It seem like quite some
      work to do, so I would like to avoid it, if the solution
      is just to handle the kite correctly instead ;-)
      Do you think this is a good idea that could make the kite
      better for light winds?

      Concerning using back attachment points for heavy or
      light bar pressure, do you have any reccomendations?
      I have not undestood if there is any difference
      other than heavy and light bar pressure.

      My observation is that I had less success kiting using
      the heavy bar pressure attachment points, but I haven't
      really investigated this.

      /Peter