Re: PRO RIDER LOFTED! Kite handling

  • ichiman1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16 7:39 PM
      Thanks for very useful information. I would like to ask a question
      and also provide my 2 cents worth.

      1. Why did Shannon drop the kite 35 ft in the air instead of trying
      to steer it (and himself) towards the water? Should't you try to
      fly the kite while getting lofted?

      2. I was lofted 4m last month in the stupidest classical way... kite
      drifted back in the power zone in a lull then shot up in a gust
      while launching. I reacted by keeping the kite over my head and
      pulling the control bar fully in to stall it (I use foils), which
      reversed the kite's ascent and gave me a super soft landing on my
      feet. Shouldn't inflatos be designed to allow for controlled
      stalling?

      3. At my beach (Sydney, Australia) experienced kiters launch with
      the kite towards the beach and the rider in the water. I always
      have (and always will) launch with the kite towards the water and me
      standing on the beach. Am I wrong?

      Thanks again

      Ichiman