Re: Cabrinha Nitro Jellyfishing

  • woodman_k
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 14, 2004
      Hi
      I have a nitro 14 and it does not JF. I did need to make the rear
      line quite a lot shorter than delivered though. Also it likes to be
      pumped hard and wants a bit of rear line tension. If you really ride
      it depowererd and soft LE then it will do the wiggle.
      Very nice kite IMO and has improved my transistions a lot.

      Stan

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "TheYellowJersey"
      <jeromedayton@y...> wrote:
      > I just spent a frustrating week with my Nitro 17. I'm out at my
      local
      > spot in 6-20mph winds, lots of holes. My Nitro has been
      jellyfishing
      > like crazy and I have to constantly work the kite. I'm watching
      > everyone else out on 12's and 14's with their kites rock steady
      and
      > not having to work them. I got out the manual and and double
      checked
      > the set up, flying the kite overhead and making sure the wing tips
      > are parallel to the last batten and the rear lines are just taunt.
      > The kite still jellyfished. I also tried flying my 14m Nitro in
      the
      > same conditiions but couldn't generate enough power to really get
      > going. Finally yesterday the wind seemed to settle down somewhat
      so
      > the kite jellyfished a lot less.
      >
      > I tried a Caution Spitfire 14m ( a mid aspect ratio) kite
      yesterday
      > and it was rock steady.
      >
      > So it seems like the culprit is the high aspect ratio of the
      Nitro's.
      > I'm wondering if the mid aspect ratio CO2's would be any better in
      > these conditions. I'm seriously considering dumping my Nitro
      quiver
      > for something else.
      >
      > Has anyone else experienced this with the Nitro?
    • stuartcocksedge1968
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2004
        could anyone tell me what advantages there would be in adding a
        middle fin to my Naish TT pro 134...does it help with going
        upwind....if so what are the downsides to putting one on ?

        thanks

        stuart
      • hink_trent
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2004
          <jeromedayton@y...> wrote:

          > Has anyone else experienced this with the Nitro?

          Make sure you have enough pressure in the leading edge, If you are
          sure the lines are set up correctly then probably you need more air
          pressure.
        • martinez_cavalla
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 17, 2004
            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "hink_trent" <hink_trent@y...> wrote:
            > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "TheYellowJersey"
            > <jeromedayton@y...> wrote:
            >
            > > Has anyone else experienced this with the Nitro?
            >
            > Make sure you have enough pressure in the leading edge, If you are
            > sure the lines are set up correctly then probably you need more air
            > pressure.

            If the lines are correctly setup and you have good pressure, that
            means your kite is out of order, you fall down it strongly on land?,
            sometime after that the kite is not symmetrical. carlos martinez,
            carlosmartinez@... www.chilekite.cl