Re: [ksurf] New Orleans

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2004
      In a message dated 7/7/2004 8:12:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      woodman_k@... writes:

      > I will be going to New Orleans on business and I was wondering where
      > a good place to kite is. Looking at the iwindsurf for the last week
      > it doesn't look like it is worth taking my stuff.
      > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      >
      > thanks
      > Stan

      Never say Never - Lake Pochatrain is just a short drive away - check out
      weather.com or weatherunderground.com for better wind visuals.
      I windsurfed in my bvd's there when the wind came up suddenly - borrowed some
      beginners stuff and cruised in 12 knots for an hour.
      I'd love to kitesurf there ! This time of year is generally light, but fronts
      come through and so do Hurricanes.
      But if it doesn't happen - too bad - You're in Party Central in N' Owrlenz !
      have a Great Time - suck the heads of Mud Bugs and drink Dixie Beer or sip
      Mint Julips. Go to O'briens and order a 'Hurricane' drink. Bourbon street rules,
      catch a jazz bar concert - live a little !
      Then a little more!
      Scott in LA