New Email address

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
      That sucks Steve, those dogs should not be allowed loose in public. I have
      been bailed up by one too, not while I was kiteboarding, just happened to be
      making a delivery, they are crazy f@*!king dogs.
      I don't even understand why people need to have them, the only reason IMO
      is a low self esteem, or small penis syndrome.

      Cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      www.kitepower.com.au

      > Subject: Re: New Email address
      >
      > Can't believe i did it again. Sorry for blasting everybody with a private
      email - again.

      > To make up for it here is a scary story. This happened to me last
      Saturday at Washoe Lake:

      > I was cruising up the beach close to shore to get back to my starting
      point when a couple of
      > unleashed pit bulls started charging out to meet me. I thought I could
      get past them b4 they got
      > far enough out to intercept me when, would you believe the wind died back.
      Figured I better stop
      > and try to get my board between me and them well they stopped when I did,
      confused I guess but my
      > kite got away from me and next thing I knew I was getting dragged and they
      were after me. Visions
      > of losing all the skin on my legs were terrifying. I thankfully got the
      kite up and myself back
      > onto my feet just in time. My board was back aways so the best i could do
      was to turn and face
      > them again and hope they were in prey/play mode rather than attack mode.
      Fortunately they backed
      > off and finally heard their owner screaming at them and went away. If they
      had attacked I'd have
      > been screwed. Would you believe the owner just took off? There was no
      way he could tell whether
      > they had taken chunks out of me or not.
      >
      > Most of the time, these days, kiteboarding is easy and under control, but
      every once in a while I
      > get reminded what a thin line there is between controlling the tiger (my
      kite) and it having me for
      > lunch.
      >
      > Steve
      > Carson City, Nevada, USA
    • loco
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
        I trust you're not speaking from experience.
        loco 1