[ksurf] Re: boards

  • Cory Roeseler
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 1998
      Which board did you try and were uphappy with?

      Cory

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 1998
        I already replied someone who had the same question. I do not have this board anymore, but my message was not so much centered on this specific board. It was a very normal and regular board. The thing was that the weight was about 20kg, but terrific for going upwind.
        At the moment we are experimentating with a Needle board. We bought it for $50,- and this board seems to go upind by 15 degrees. It is hard to make a turn with, but it goes fast.

        Again, it is old knowledge and it works fine. And this has nothing to do with the kites.

        Jack

        At 09:39 2-11-98 -0800, you wrote:

        Which board did you try and were uphappy with? Cory -----Original Message----- From: Jack Brutschin <brutschi@...> To: kitesurf@egroups.com <kitesurf@egroups.com> Date: Sunday, November 01, 1998 4:44 AM Subject: [ksurf] boards >I am actually amazed about most people who drop their opinion on the kites. So much talk about the kites and if I think about it a bit I come only to one conclusion; there are already a few and one very good system on the marked. Everybody is talking and comparing with the different kites. But that is not the area where is to be gained most if we talk about going upwind. It's the boards! See, even if you can go upwind with one kite more than the other, the gain will be very little. > >It started kitesurfing on a very old board; a bic with a weight of about 20 kg. For jumping it was nothing, but for going upwind it was incredable!!!! >I am certainly not the expert on this matter, but I tried the boards which are especially made for kitesurfing. I tell you that this lousy BIC board was better! >I find it a waste of knowledge that people spend so much time on something where the gain is the smallest. > >I hope this message wil inspire somebody who IS an expert on building boards, as the sport is great! > >Thanks for your time. > >----- >Free e-mail group hosting at http://www.eGroups.com/ >------------------------------------------------------------------------ >Know someone who deserves flowers? At proflowers.com, it's only $29.95 >plus S & H ($5.95 for most domestic locations) for one dozen roses and >shipped direct from the grower via Fedex Priority Overnight. >http://www.proflowers.com/eg.cfm > >Subscribe, unsubscribe, opt for a daily digest, or start a new e-group >at http://www.eGroups.com -- Free Web-based e-mail groups. > >

        Pawo Skyting
        Jack Brutschin
        van Bossestraat 9 II
        1051 JR  Amsterdam
        Tel/fax: 0031-(0)20-4003789
        brutschi@...

      • Raul Argilagos
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 1998
          By Jack Brutschin @... Tuesday
          November 03, 1998
          04:35 AM PST

          I already replied someone who had the same question. I do not have this board anymore, but my message was not so much centered on this specific board. It was a very normal and regular board. The thing was that the weight was about 20kg, but terrific for going upwind.
          At the moment we are experimentating with a Needle board. We bought it for $50,- and this board seems to go upind by 15 degrees. It is hard to make a turn with, but it goes fast.

          Again, it is old knowledge and it works fine. And this has nothing to do with the kites.

          Jack

          A 44 POUND BOARD??? SOUNDS LIKE A WHALE MORE LIKE.
          RAUL

          -----
          See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/kitesurf/?start=689
        • Jack Brutschin
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 1998
            You are right, but do you get the message as well. It was the board and not the kite. I think there is a huge gain to be made with boards and not with the kites.

            See you and thanks for your respond.

            Jack

            At 18:05 3-11-98 +0000, you wrote:

            By Jack Brutschin @... Tuesday November 03, 1998 04:35 AM PST I already replied someone who had the same question. I do not have this board anymore, but my message was not so much centered on this specific board. It was a very normal and regular board. The thing was that the weight was about 20kg, but terrific for going upwind. At the moment we are experimentating with a Needle board. We bought it for $50,- and this board seems to go upind by 15 degrees. It is hard to make a turn with, but it goes fast. Again, it is old knowledge and it works fine. And this has nothing to do with the kites. Jack A 44 POUND BOARD???  SOUNDS LIKE A WHALE MORE LIKE. RAUL ----- See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/kitesurf/?start=689 -- Free e-mail group hosting at http://www.eGroups.com/

            Pawo Skyting
            Jack Brutschin
            van Bossestraat 9 II
            1051 JR  Amsterdam
            Tel/fax: 0031-(0)20-4003789
            brutschi@...

          • Ness Laurent
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 20, 1998
              Jack,

              I am really sorry but I think you should try all the material I tried those last 6 years of kitesurfing.

              Come here and you will understand that you better have a good sail in yours hands with a door under your feet than the opposite !!!

              Laurent Ness

              PS: I will be in Cabo Verde Islands to test the new F-One kite and will let you know if they go good ! (That I already know !!!)

              -----
              See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/kitesurf/?start=689