Kiteboarding in Platttsburgh, NY?

  • rokadean
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2004
      Hello all,

      I'm currently living in the Marshall Islands where the kitesurfing
      is fantastic 8 months out of the year. My job is assigning me to
      Plattsburgh, NY which is located on Lake Champlain. I've never even
      been to the state of New York, just wondering what kind(if any) of
      kiteboarding conditions I can expect up there, specifically on Lake
      Champlain.

      Thanks
    • Sara Gould
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2004
        I'm from upstate, NY originally, but western, not Northern... but I do
        know that Plattsburgh gets COLD in the winter. Bring your snow kiting
        gear though because there are many lakes that freeze over and are great
        for kiting. I've heard of people using Long Lake in the Adirondacks.
        Lake Champlain should be good kiting too, maybe there's some more people
        in Burlington, VT who would know more about the local scene.

        On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:07am, rokadean wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I'm currently living in the Marshall Islands where the kitesurfing
        > is fantastic 8 months out of the year. My job is assigning me to
        > Plattsburgh, NY which is located on Lake Champlain. I've never even
        > been to the state of New York, just wondering what kind(if any) of
        > kiteboarding conditions I can expect up there, specifically on Lake
        > Champlain.
        >
        > Thanks

        > http://www.KiteHIGH.com
        > ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
        > ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
        > Em: support@...

        > or go to www.yahoogroups.com/group/kitesurf ==
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Roka Dean
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2004
          Sara,

          Thanks for the info on NY. I actually don't have any snow kiting gear but I
          suppose I will be getting some. It seems everyone I talk to says it's
          beautiful in that part of the state but COLD! It must be Cold because I've
          had people from Alaska tell me it's cold. I appreciate the email.

          Take Care

          Roka