Line Lengths

  • Steve Bishton
    Message 1 of 163 , Jun 6, 2004
      Hi,

      I have a g13 and have been wondering about my line lengths. Should all
      four lines be exactly the same length? They seem very close in length
      but will even relatively small variations (a few inches) cause the kite
      not to fly properly?

      Do most/all kites fly off a bar with all four lines the same length
      meaning you can pretty much use most bars with most kites depending on
      the safety system?

      Steve

      Message 163 of 163 , Jun 30
        For a comprehensive FAQ on kitesurfing read: http://www.kitesurfingschool.org/faqs.htm

        =====

        Here are some basic recommendations for this list in terms of netiquette:

        1 No Spam - send mail to the list ONLY about kitesurfing, kiteskiing, kitesnowboarding or things related to Kites, Boards or Sports.

        2 When Replying
        - Try not to copy the whole message you are replying and reduce it with <snips> or just quote the relevant part (this is useful to reduce download times)
        - Reply only to the sender (not the whole list) if its something specific to that person. Please note that when you click reply, the message automatically goes to the whole list.

        3 Avoid making unconstructive comments about certain equipment - The equipment manufacturers are on the list and they may not appreciate it.

        4 Be helpful and constructive in your responses. Avoid sending a message to the whole list replying "I don't know".

        5 If you are a person involved in the Commerce of kitesurfing equipment , it is recommended that you add COM to the subject line of messages when commenting on equipment. Better yet, tell people what you do (e.g, Dealer of so and so kites)

        6 Files cannot be sent directly to the list - It is better to post them on the FILES section of the group or on a web page.

        8. Personal attacks should not be on the list. If you can't be nice and you have to insult someone then do it OFF the list.

        Welcome and live with the legend...