Re: [ksurf] liability insurance for individuals?

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2004
      Tom - as an insurance broker/agent, I can advise you and others that are
      interested in 'real' liability protection (AKA prior liability policy was ok, but
      secondary & $25,000 in CPL only), you should secure Renters Insurance or if
      you own a condo or a home you may already have Comprehensive Personal Liability
      (CPL) with your Homeowners Insurance.
      Check it & call your agent for details in the state you live in.
      CPL will provide you with this kind of protection from 3rd party lawsuits for
      Bodily Injury or Property Damage for non-professional individual sports you
      participate in. Usual amounts start at $100,000 with preferred policies and can
      go up to a million.
      I advised Mr. Dave Gomberg, the president of AKA, similar advice, and they
      will likely distribute similar information in the future. It's a shame AKA has
      had some real (in my opinion) 'bogus' lawsuits for injury that threated Kiting
      Events in the US.
      It is a sign of the times for litigation more than a 'hazard' from flying a
      kite!
      ....Had some good wind for kiting in a secret spot last weekend in LA !
      Scott Carter
      Los Angeles
      www.wscinsure.com

      In a message dated 5/25/2004 5:05:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      tgillespie@... writes:
      Since the AKA lost their insurance carrier, does anyone know where I
      can purchase liability insurance in the U.S. for an individual who
      is not an instructor ?

      Thanks,
      Tom in Melbourne, FL

      Scott