Re: [ksurf] Aero 2 - 12 and 18m2 trimming

  • Chris Glazier
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2004
      Another thought..
      Check your lines for stretch. There is always more load on the front
      lines so they stretch more... which could be contributing to your
      problem.
      Tie all 4 lines to a tree 27 meters away and be sure that they are
      all equal length when the chicken loop and adjustment strap are set
      for maximum front line length. This is the standard starting point
      for all Niash kites and for most others too.
      I check mine every few weeks and then I correct for any stretch
      which has occurred.

      :-)
      Chris Glazier

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Tom Conway <tjconway@b...> wrote:

      > No problem.
      >
      > I always fly on the furthest knot away from the bar - its personal
      preference usually for your comfort of arms length - however I have
      found on the Aero 16 compared to the 12, that it will only fly
      properly on this setting.

      > I also almost always fly on the "Less" and "Fast" settings. I
      have a full set of kites to cover the wind ranges, so dont bother
      too much with changing these settings. When I first started out
      with just the 12, I used to adjust the settings quite a lot -
      i.e. "Slow" turning setting in higher winds to squeeze a few more
      knots wind range out of the kite.

      > So - what I have done to lengthen my pigtails on the back is to
      remove the pigtail from the "Slow" setting and add it to the "Fast"
      pigtail.

      > However as mentioned before, Aero 2's prefer the back lines to
      have little tension - you can help this by shortening your front
      lines (via the pigtail) and lengthening the backs through using the
      furthest bar knot & having longer pigtails. That said though, my
      Aero 2 16 doesnt like flying in much less than 10 knots anyway.

      UDS
      > > > system.
      > > > When flying unhooked from loop, but depowering/powering with
      UDS