Aero 2 - 12 and 18m2 trimming

  • swengelska
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2004
      Anyone,

      I had some great sessions today up here in Sweden. I´m up and
      cruising well, still a novice and having trimming issues with my
      Aero 2, both 12 and 18m2, but particularly the 18m2. Using the UDS
      system.
      When flying unhooked from loop, but depowering/powering with UDS
      in "freebar mode" the kites fly great, mostly on frontlines. I can
      power it up by pulling on the bar, but as soon as I hook into the
      loop, which has a very short throw, the kite chokes(over trimmed)
      and loses speed.
      I have moved the rear lines to the last knot on the pigtails and the
      front on the mid knot, which seemed to help. I then pulled in the de-
      power loop in front lines to shorten them, the kite still chokes. I
      am on the "more depower" front pigtails and "fast turning speed"
      back PT on 18 and "more depower" front PT and Medium TS on front FT
      of 12.

      It seems like the kite won´t fly at all when both front and rear
      lines are in tension. It also seems it would work better if the trim
      loop throw (length) was longer.

      Does anybody have some tips?

      Regards, Tom