Re: [ksurf] Sailing speed records

  • Chris Glazier
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2004
      The story about Cory was an April Fools joke. It is NOT true.

      The current sailing speed record is held by Yellow Pages, a racing
      catamaran, at 46.52 knots. A windsurfer has been clocked at slightly
      less, but above 46 knots. The fastest kitesurfer record is currently
      39 knots.

      Chris Glazier

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, LA2WNDSRF@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 5/3/2004 6:07:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      > muliolis@a... writes:
      > >I would have thought this would have already been all over this
      forum,
      > >and many others by now. Is this just fiction?
      >
      > >http://www.velauno.com/thenews.asp
      >
      > >Saul
      > At 57mph ! Cory exceeded the legitimate freeway speed here in LA
      of 55 mph.
      > He definetly deserves a Citation ! Congrats all around, to the
      Team too.

    • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2004
        In a message dated 5/4/2004 2:36:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        cglazier@... writes:

        > The story about Cory was an April Fools joke. It is NOT true.
        >
        > The current sailing speed record is held by Yellow Pages, a racing
        > catamaran, at 46.52 knots. A windsurfer has been clocked at slightly
        > less, but above 46 knots. The fastest kitesurfer record is currently
        > 39 knots.
        >
        > Chris Glazier

        well, got me. Just shows to go ya, web sites can lie. - i have to check that
        again.
        hmmm

      • Saulius Muliolis
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2004
          No wonder I haven't seen it anywhere else. But if it was an
          April Fool's day joke, why was it dated April 29?