Re: [ksurf] Sailing speed record broken

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4 10:16 AM
      In a message dated 5/3/2004 6:07:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      muliolis@... writes:
      >I would have thought this would have already been all over this forum,
      >and many others by now. Is this just fiction?

      >http://www.velauno.com/thenews.asp

      >Saul
      At 57mph ! Cory exceeded the legitimate freeway speed here in LA of 55 mph.
      He definetly deserves a Citation ! Congrats all around, to the Team too.

      Scott

    • Chris Glazier
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4 2:35 PM
        The story about Cory was an April Fools joke. It is NOT true.

        The current sailing speed record is held by Yellow Pages, a racing
        catamaran, at 46.52 knots. A windsurfer has been clocked at slightly
        less, but above 46 knots. The fastest kitesurfer record is currently
        39 knots.

        Chris Glazier

      • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4 2:41 PM
          In a message dated 5/4/2004 2:36:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          cglazier@... writes:

          > The story about Cory was an April Fools joke. It is NOT true.
          >
          > The current sailing speed record is held by Yellow Pages, a racing
          > catamaran, at 46.52 knots. A windsurfer has been clocked at slightly
          > less, but above 46 knots. The fastest kitesurfer record is currently
          > 39 knots.
          >
          > Chris Glazier

          well, got me. Just shows to go ya, web sites can lie. - i have to check that
          again.
          hmmm

        • Saulius Muliolis
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4 2:46 PM
            No wonder I haven't seen it anywhere else. But if it was an
            April Fool's day joke, why was it dated April 29?