Re: The best wind for kitesurfing!

  • Greg Walsh
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2004
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
      > One can kitesurf in almost any wind speed.
      >
      > But the best wind range I have really enjoyed so far is from 5 to
      15 knots.

      > There are nobody around to interfere and even the "cats" are slower
      and
      > can't do much.
      >
      > P.S., Above 15 knots, there are tons of windsurfers to worry about.
      >
      > P.P.S., Above 30 knots, MAKE SURE you are a kiting survivor (like
      me ;-).

      > P.P.P.S., Below 5 knots, great time for a family outting (or .....
      if
      > you are not married).
      >
      > Hung.

      There are two different spheres of kitesurfing requiring different
      wind.

      With my Prion 12m and Stonker 137 at 20-25 knots I love to jump. When
      I come in I need good supplies fo beer, raw meat and virgins.
      Grrrr!!!!

      Around 12 knots I love to cruise locked in and fast on smooth water
      on my finless ply woodie. A nice cup of tea, a biscuit and a cuddle
      with the missus are good after. Although a few stray virgins....

      Regards

      Greg