Xrated at the Islamorada Invitational

  • Nhukusa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2004
      We at Xrated would personally like to thank everyone who attended and helped
      put together the Islamorada Invitational 2004 event last weekend at Seven
      Sports in the Florida Keys last weekend. We had strong winds ranging from 20 to 30
      knots all weekend. It was an incredible event on and off the water, athletes
      pushing the limits on all levels of riding!
      The Xrated team was there in full force and stood behind their own
      philosophy, to ride hard, learn more, make new friends and have as much fun as you
      possibly can! Everyone's riding went to new levels this weekend as most people
      started to copy team rider Hamish Macdonalds crazy powered up kite loop style.
      Grace Marcel (an Xrated girl team rider), who has only been jumping for 5 weeks
      now pulled off her first kite look and is now consistently doing back 720's
      with kite loops! This girl rocks, look out guys I think in no time she will be
      teaching us all a thing or two.
      Hamish Macdonald did get arrested for jumping a police boat and was lead
      away in hand cuffs. I agree probably not the smartest thing to do, but that is
      Hamish. The police let him go shortly after the coast guard appeared and he
      explained that the tack he was on had the right of way and the fact that the
      police were under power compared to him being under sail defiantly gave him the
      right of way, the coast guard agreed and had him released.
      This weekend was the debut of the newest members to our kiting team. The
      Xrated girls! Note I said kiting team. These girls rock, they are not paid
      models they are kiters, they are hot and into one of the most extreme sports out
      there. They all were riding insane all weekend and I can assure you that they
      were part of the life and soul of all parties. Out of the eight women's prizes
      given out six of them went home with the Xrated girls! All of us here at Xrated
      are proud of you, and fully behind you, it is great that you are proving to
      the world that this sport is not just for guys. Good job girls!
      Along with the normal competition there was also various other categories
      judged. (best trick, best wipeout, best "going for it award, best women's
      kicker, best women's kite loop) This was the first of its own and was designed by
      Xrated on our fist trip to the DR. All riders go out together no mater what
      their level of riding or sex and ride for as long as they want while watching and
      encouraging all other riders on the water, and all riders are judges. When
      returning to the beach the riders are then asked to anonymously vote for who
      they thought who was the best in each category. The only rules are, is that you
      can only vote once and not for yourself. What fun and an incredible show from
      all!
      All in all this was a great four days of competition/riding, everyone gave
      it their best and put this weekend down in history for our sport.
      Here is the full list of results from the weekend, and want to say to the
      Xrated team, YOU GUYS AND GIRLS ROCK!!! I hope to see you on a Xrated trip
      shortly. The next trip is scheduled to the DR on May 7th and a full list of date
      for future trips are posted at www.xratedkiteboarding.com.

      For pictures and video of this event go to: www.riccitelliphoto.com or
      www.kiteflix.com

      Thanks again to all Neil Hutchinson.

      Pro Men: 1st Mark Doyle, Xrated
      2nd Andy Hurdaman, Xrated
      3rd Joseph Carneiro

      Pro Women: 1st Julie Simsar
      2nd Susie Mae
      3rd Sonia Fischli, Xrated

      Am Men: 1st Jon Modica
      2nd Dennis Vassilinine
      3rd Dana foyt

      Am Women: 1st Kristy Moller, Xrated
      2nd Nicci Warshauer, Xrated
      3rd Grace Marcel., Xrated

      Best Trick: Hamish Macdonald, Xrated (unhooked kite loop to blind to surface
      handle pass transition)

      Best Wipeout: Billie Blackman

      Best "Going For It": "Little Mikey", Xrated

      Best Women's Kicker: Bri Chimel, Xrated

      Best Women's Kite Loop: Sonia Fischli, Xrated

    • Iain Wood
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2004
        On 2 Apr 2004, at 23:32, Nhukusa@... wrote:

        > Hamish Macdonald did get arrested for jumping a police boat and was
        > lead
        > away in hand cuffs. I agree probably not the smartest thing to do, but
        > that is
        > Hamish. The police let him go shortly after the coast guard appeared
        > and he
        > explained that the tack he was on had the right of way and the fact
        > that the
        > police were under power compared to him being under sail defiantly
        > gave him the
        > right of way, the coast guard agreed and had him released.

        This has to be the coolest thing I have heard of in ages. If you are
        listening Hamish, Respect.......

        Loki