Re: Beginner

  • pluvious2002
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2004
      Search the net for a shop/instructor in your area. Professional lessons
      are essential as this is a potentially DANGEROUS sport. Don't think of
      doing this on your own. You could kill yourself AND others.

      Eventually, when you know a bit about it, you can buy some used gear
      off the net for way less money than new gear. You can probably get
      everything you need for under $1,000, including kite, board, lines,
      etc.

      Also, go hang around a local launch and ask the folks there what
      they're riding, etc. Local knowledge is always best. They may have
      stuff they can sell you. Don't buy until AFTER your lesson, that way
      you know what you're getting.

      Have fun, be safe, wear a kite leash.
    • ex_cpe
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2004
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "pluvious2002" <dcl@r...> wrote:
        > Search the net for a shop/instructor in your area. Professional lessons
        > are essential as this is a potentially DANGEROUS sport. Don't think of
        > doing this on your own. You could kill yourself AND others.

        ........Go to a tattoo parlor and have the above engraved on the back of your hand. I didn't
        - and not only did I waste a "lot" of time, but I was welcome as Nazi at a Barmitzvah
        around other kiters. Your other assignment is to join: Yahoo's kitesurfschool forum.
        Brother Hung's online education can be a big help to you.

        Jim