Re: Melbourne, FL

  • hink_trent
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2004
      Great places to kite there, it is just south of Cocoa Beach. You have
      to stay away from the Airforce base but other than that there are
      lots of launches in the area, even a few on the intracostal waterway
      which will work when the wind is offshore at the coast. From what I
      understand winds are thermal and light to moderate in the spring and
      early summer, not much wind at all in summer, frontal and stronger
      wind in the fall and winter.

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, skim_64 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I might be going to a college in/near Melbourne (not sure if that's
      the exact location) just wondering what the wind conditions were like
      > and if anyone knows of good kiting places/conditions down around
      there... what size kite(s) would I need?