Re: Vancouver Kitesurfing

  • Chris Glazier
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2004
      > Can anyone out there advise me on closest kite-surfing places to
      Vancouver

      Dundee
      There is good kitesurfing at Squamish from April to November. It is
      about 45 minute drive north of Vancouer. No waves unfortunately, but
      otherwise steady wind and good conditions. Mostly 12m kites. There
      are always kiters there which is good because you need assistance to
      launch from the rock jetty. You must be able to stay upwind or you
      will have a short ride.

      We have other good places but the wind is not as reliable.

      Here is the main Vancouver shop:
      http://www.airtimeboardsports.com/

      Chris Glazier