Re: bar length

  • Phillip McConnachie
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2004

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:13:17 -0000
      > From: "m2high2fly" <gottro1@...>
      > Subject: Bar Lenght
      >
      > Does bar lenght have much bearing on the control and
      > kite
      > performance? For example a 12m aero2 and a 16m aero;
      > does the bar
      > lenght effect the flying response or does it depend
      > on the wind (mph)?
      > I noticed the bars with a 12 and a 16 vary in
      > lenght.
      >
      > Also has anyone heard about a naish recall on kites?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Harry

      you will find you have to take your board off more to
      compensate for lack of bar length ;)

      but seriously, shorter bars make the kite more stable
      but physically harder to steer, (less leverage) stops
      the kite moving around to much by pressure on the bar
      . Holding the bar closer to the centre helps
      stabalize the kite also. With bigger kites such as
      your 16, a bar a couple of inches longer maybe a nice
      option in lighter winds. If you go too short you will
      sacrafice turning ability.

      Mind you havn't heard too many complaints about extra
      length.

      hope this helps
      Phil

      http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Greetings
      Send your love online with Yahoo! Greetings - FREE!
    • Chris Glazier
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2004
        I think most Naish kites (at least the Aero2 and X3) use the 55cm
        bar for sizes from 8m to 16m. I think other manufacterers are close
        to that too. Only kites ouside this range need longer or shorter
        bars.

        C Glazier

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Phillip McConnachie