Re: The amazing 2004 GlobeRider Lift 12m!

  • DropBear
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hi there Hung, was the guy jumping as high as the guy on this video?
      I think its about 20 meters and almost 7 seconds, not sure though.

      He is using a 2004 model kite from a new Aussie kite company, the
      video is of 5 massive jumps in a row in 24 knots.

      http://65.19.135.33/video_11mbig.htm

      Its he biggest jump I have seen so far on the net.

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
      > This kite is just amazing!
      >
      > It's stable (in flying and also in power distribution) yet very
      > responsive! This kite gave me great comfort when jumping on
      snow/ice
      > as it's always there when you need it when landing.
      >
      > I got 5' extra height with this kite than any other kites I have
      flown
      > in the past (both LEIs and foils).
      >
      > I gave the kite to a local to try and he immediately got an extra
      5'
      > height with the kite (You can just stand there 10' from the guy and
      > watch that his jumps just elevate to another level).
      >
      > Another local had used the same kite in 30 knots last week (we
      labeled
      > him "crazy" but now after having tried the kite, I think he may not
      be
      > that crazy after all)..
      >
      > This is the only 2004 kite I have flown this year so I hope that
      all
      > other 2004 kites are as amazing as this kite.
      >
      > P.S., Many has said that after 2002, there are not much
      improvements in
      > kite performance design. This statement does not seem to apply to
      the
      > GlobeRider Lift 12.
      >
      > Hung.
    • hungvuatnetcomdotca
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "DropBear" <yahoo@i...> wrote:
        > Hi there Hung, was the guy jumping as high as the guy on this video?
        > I think its about 20 meters and almost 7 seconds, not sure though.
        >
        > He is using a 2004 model kite from a new Aussie kite company, the
        > video is of 5 massive jumps in a row in 24 knots.

        I don't think he jumped as high as the one on the video (he was on
        snow/ice - therefore more reserved - and only in around 15 knots);
        however. the jumps generated by the GlodeRider Lift seemed to be more
        impressive than the other kites.

        This is the type of kite that give a very comfortable feeling when
        jumping on snow/ice as it is stable yet very responsive (this is
        somewhat contradictory but that is how it feels...) allowing you to
        depend on it when landing.

        Hung.