The amazing 2004 GlobeRider Lift 12m!

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      This kite is just amazing!

      It's stable (in flying and also in power distribution) yet very
      responsive! This kite gave me great comfort when jumping on snow/ice
      as it's always there when you need it when landing.

      I got 5' extra height with this kite than any other kites I have flown
      in the past (both LEIs and foils).

      I gave the kite to a local to try and he immediately got an extra 5'
      height with the kite (You can just stand there 10' from the guy and
      watch that his jumps just elevate to another level).

      Another local had used the same kite in 30 knots last week (we labeled
      him "crazy" but now after having tried the kite, I think he may not be
      that crazy after all)..

      This is the only 2004 kite I have flown this year so I hope that all
      other 2004 kites are as amazing as this kite.

      P.S., Many has said that after 2002, there are not much improvements in
      kite performance design. This statement does not seem to apply to the
      GlobeRider Lift 12.

      Hung.
    • DropBear
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
        Hi there Hung, was the guy jumping as high as the guy on this video?
        I think its about 20 meters and almost 7 seconds, not sure though.

        He is using a 2004 model kite from a new Aussie kite company, the
        video is of 5 massive jumps in a row in 24 knots.

        http://65.19.135.33/video_11mbig.htm

        Its he biggest jump I have seen so far on the net.

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
        > This kite is just amazing!
        >
        > It's stable (in flying and also in power distribution) yet very
        > responsive! This kite gave me great comfort when jumping on
        snow/ice
        > as it's always there when you need it when landing.
        >
        > I got 5' extra height with this kite than any other kites I have
        flown
        > in the past (both LEIs and foils).
        >
        > I gave the kite to a local to try and he immediately got an extra
        5'
        > height with the kite (You can just stand there 10' from the guy and
        > watch that his jumps just elevate to another level).
        >
        > Another local had used the same kite in 30 knots last week (we
        labeled
        > him "crazy" but now after having tried the kite, I think he may not
        be
        > that crazy after all)..
        >
        > This is the only 2004 kite I have flown this year so I hope that
        all
        > other 2004 kites are as amazing as this kite.
        >
        > P.S., Many has said that after 2002, there are not much
        improvements in
        > kite performance design. This statement does not seem to apply to
        the
        > GlobeRider Lift 12.
        >
        > Hung.
      • hungvuatnetcomdotca
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "DropBear" <yahoo@i...> wrote:
          > Hi there Hung, was the guy jumping as high as the guy on this video?
          > I think its about 20 meters and almost 7 seconds, not sure though.
          >
          > He is using a 2004 model kite from a new Aussie kite company, the
          > video is of 5 massive jumps in a row in 24 knots.

          I don't think he jumped as high as the one on the video (he was on
          snow/ice - therefore more reserved - and only in around 15 knots);
          however. the jumps generated by the GlodeRider Lift seemed to be more
          impressive than the other kites.

          This is the type of kite that give a very comfortable feeling when
          jumping on snow/ice as it is stable yet very responsive (this is
          somewhat contradictory but that is how it feels...) allowing you to
          depend on it when landing.

          Hung.