Re: [ksurf] Where can I kitesurf in Europe?

  • Iain Wood
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2004
      Hi,

      I've just got back from Fuerteventura. It's not Europe, but it is
      reasonably close. We had 3 good days and 3 not very good days.
      According to the locals that was pretty unlucky. There seems to be
      loads of room and a good choice of beaches. My favourite was Sottovento
      lagoon. About knee deep, with a sand bar along the seaward side. (For a
      few hours around high tide anyway). I cant imagine a better place to
      body-drag.

      The winds are apparently much more consistent in the summer, but I
      expect this means there will be more people using them. Reckon I will
      be back in June.

      Incidentally if you are looking for some tuition, I cant recommend
      Extreme Holidays enough.

      One word of caution. Don't believe any guarantees of wind. That's not
      how it works, not on this planet anyway. You always risk going
      somewhere and ending up becalmed. OK so some places have higher chances
      than others but there will always be some risk.

      Iain