Re: Much more spots for kitesurfers - back on topic

  • fernmanus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
      Hung,

      You made an excellent point. Unfortunately, the topic derailed into
      US World Politics instead of discussing new kiteboarding
      destinations.

      Yes, you can visit 3rd world countries, but I often think about
      destinations nearer to home. I live in Salt Lake City, UT. The
      city I live in is fairly well populated, but nearby are hundreds of
      miles of open land. There are lakes and reserviors scattered
      around. What I find interesting is the local canyon winds, venturi
      effect winds, thermals, etc. that are available at different
      locales. It gets even more interesting in the wintertime because
      there are far more locations available for snowkiting.

      I think a person could spend a lifetime just investigating the
      locations within 100 miles of home.

      Kenny