Re: [ksurf] Much more spots for kitesurfers

  • Raul F Argilagos
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 7, 2004
      I would have to also say that the south side of PR rocks! especially La
      parguera
      and/ or Guanica which is about 20 minutes away. both are lagoons/ bays
      which
      open up ( thru some reefs ) into deep ocean so that you can have your
      choice
      of butter flat or big swell water kitesurfing. you'll have enough wind
      for an
      8- 12M kite from march thru september. not quite as cheap as DR but not
      nearly as crowded. BTW, the north side is also great but everyone seems
      to Ksurf at mainly Ocean Park which is crowded

      Raul

      > Brian-
      > As GeorgeIW suggests, Puerto Rico is excellent. Easy to get to. From
      > what I
      > hear, costs are low their too(maybe as low as DR), since that seems
      > to be a
      > major requirement besides wind.
      > Aruba, Lesser Antilles islands' have wind too, but I am unsure on
      > the cost
      > aspect.
      >
      > I am not aware what time of year you intend to go and I cannot help
      > out with
      > the wind during the time you want to go. But other web sites have
      > that.
      > Scott

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • Stefano Rosso
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 12, 2004
        www.yahoogroups.com/group/kitesurf

        Click on JOIN THIS GROUP - follow the instructions...