Re: [ksurf] A not rapidly growing sport anymore!WHY,let's brain storm

  • hungvuatnetcomdotca
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
      I feel that the sport is still growing but not as rapid as in the past.

      1/ The local growth for our area has peaked in early/mid 2003 and now
      the sport still grow but not as rapid

      2/ The online interest similarly has peaked in early/mid 2003 (on most
      popular groups, fora, email, etc.)

      3/ Most in the first batch of pioneers are getting bored and not
      actively promoting the sport anymore

      4/ The first few batches of kitesurfers are people doing relating
      sports (windsurfing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, etc.). Those in
      these groups who want to kitesurf have already done so, the rest is
      not likely to switch over as rapidly.

      5/ The onlookers still consider
      kitesurfing/kitesnowboarding/kiteskiing is only for the extemely fit
      person and afraid of not be able to learn (while kitesurfing in
      Varadero, I attracted many interested tourists but virtually all of
      them think kitesurfing is very difficult to learn and they won't be
      able to learn it; only a few plan to give it a try)

      P.S., Strangely enough, most of the onlooker don't think that
      kitesurfing is dangerous!!!

      Hung.

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, husnu baylav <tur75@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Hung,What are these ''few things''which tells you that snowkite
      or kitesurf doesnt grow anymore?lets check and lets do the best to
      develope the ideas.come on guys ,time to brain storming.Husnu Baylav.

      kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com or go to
      www.yahoogroups.com/group/kitesurf ==

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Stefano Rosso
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
        I feel that the sport is still growing but not as rapid as in the past.
        1/ The local growth for our area has peaked in early/mid 2003 and now the
        sport still grow but not as rapid

        == here in brasil it seems to have hit the HYPE in that period but I am
        seeing a resurgence of popular interest.

        2/ The online interest similarly has peaked in early/mid 2003 (on most
        popular groups, fora, email, etc.)

        3/ Most in the first batch of pioneers are getting bored and not actively
        promoting the sport anymore

        == I am definitely bored... More interested in doing other sports...
        Kitesurf only when the conditions are really good !!

        4/ The first few batches of kitesurfers are people doing relating sports
        (windsurfing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, etc.). Those in these groups who
        want to kitesurf have already done so, the rest is not likely to switch over
        as rapidly.

        5/ The onlookers still consider
        kitesurfing/kitesnowboarding/kiteskiing is only for the extemely fit person
        and afraid of not be able to learn (while kitesurfing in Varadero, I
        attracted many interested tourists but virtually all of them think
        kitesurfing is very difficult to learn and they won't be able to learn it;
        only a few plan to give it a try)

        P.S., Strangely enough, most of the onlooker don't think that kitesurfing is
        dangerous!!!

        === I don't consider this strange. It has always been the case that people
        that kitesurfing is difficult and safe. (both wrong)

        By the way there was a bad accident here in brazil recently. A belgian
        tourist crashed headfirst into a wall. The usual onshore wind mistake of
        launching and screwing up. Apparently he survived allthough he cracked his
        head open and had several exposed fractures (and also apparently was dragged
        over some cactii)