RE: [ksurf] Does anyone have experience with Ocean Rodeo Kites?

  • Stefano Rosso
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
      I tried an Ocean Rodeo 12 m kite. I really liked it. Belongs to a friend of
      mine. Looked pretty resistant and I really liked how it flew (allthough I am
      not an LEI flyer normally - I ride arcs)

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
        I have a 12m bronco and it is very well built with smart seams and
        great materiasl allround. At 1st glance it doesn't look much
        different but iy you look at it like a sailmaker then you see the
        difference.
        It flys great and is midrange in it's depower.

        Stan

        n--- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, andreas.-wagner@t... wrote:
        > Dear all,
        >
        > I am looking for kites that are worth investing money for more than
        one
        > season ;-)
        >
        > Since Ocean Rodeo claims to have bulletproof kites, I am
        interested, in
        > what they really in the field of operation.
        >
        > So can anyone tell me, how their durability, lift and upwind
        capability
        > is.
        >
        > Since every kite manufacturer states, that his kites are the most
        > blahblahblah, I am really interested in your experience.
        >
        > Thank you

      • punderhi
        Message 3 of 6 , May 17, 2004
          I own the 2003 9, 12 and 16. I find they durability to be great,
          lift and upwind are also superior. I haven't seen anything out there
          that is more durable by appearance, and from experience would
          suggest that the bronco is among the best for lift and upwind
          ability.

          Cheers,

          Paul

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, andreas.-wagner@t... wrote:
          > Dear all,
          >
          > I am looking for kites that are worth investing money for more
          than one
          > season ;-)
          >
          > Since Ocean Rodeo claims to have bulletproof kites, I am
          interested, in
          > what they really in the field of operation.
          >
          > So can anyone tell me, how their durability, lift and upwind
          capability
          > is.
          >
          > Since every kite manufacturer states, that his kites are the most
          > blahblahblah, I am really interested in your experience.
          >
          > Thank you

        • mobilekiteshop.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2004
            I am still riding a F-One Mach 1 12m, 2 years on, with a lot of use and it
            looks like it will last another year, or more.
            No bullshit.

            Steve
            steve@... <mailto:steve@...>
            Ph: 00 353 87-7993612
          • hilgrovens
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 15 8:44 PM
              I've been flying an Ocean Rodeo 12M Bronco since 2002. I've got a lot
              of use on it; I've crashed it into hard west coast beaches, landed it
              in trees, and once it flew into a barbed-wire fence! It's been
              repaired a bit but all the construction materials, stitching and shape
              is still like new. I also have a 2003 9M and 2004 14M. The lift,
              depower and stability in gusty winds on all these kites are great;
              especially the 9M and 14M.

              Joe