Does anyone have experience with Ocean Rodeo Kites?

  • andreas.-wagner@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
      Dear all,

      I am looking for kites that are worth investing money for more than one
      season ;-)

      Since Ocean Rodeo claims to have bulletproof kites, I am interested, in
      what they really in the field of operation.

      So can anyone tell me, how their durability, lift and upwind capability
      is.

      Since every kite manufacturer states, that his kites are the most
      blahblahblah, I am really interested in your experience.

      Thank you

    • Stefano Rosso
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
        I tried an Ocean Rodeo 12 m kite. I really liked it. Belongs to a friend of
        mine. Looked pretty resistant and I really liked how it flew (allthough I am
        not an LEI flyer normally - I ride arcs)

        I am looking for kites that are worth investing money for more than one
        season ;-)

        Since Ocean Rodeo claims to have bulletproof kites, I am interested, in what
        they really in the field of operation.

        So can anyone tell me, how their durability, lift and upwind capability is.

        Since every kite manufacturer states, that his kites are the most
        blahblahblah, I am really interested in your experience.

        Thank you

        http://www.KiteHIGH.com
        ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
        ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
        Em: support@...

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • woodman_k
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
          I have a 12m bronco and it is very well built with smart seams and
          great materiasl allround. At 1st glance it doesn't look much
          different but iy you look at it like a sailmaker then you see the
          difference.
          It flys great and is midrange in it's depower.

          Stan

          n--- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, andreas.-wagner@t... wrote:
          > Dear all,
          >
          > I am looking for kites that are worth investing money for more than
          one
          > season ;-)
          >
          > Since Ocean Rodeo claims to have bulletproof kites, I am
          interested, in
          > what they really in the field of operation.
          >
          > So can anyone tell me, how their durability, lift and upwind
          capability
          > is.
          >
          > Since every kite manufacturer states, that his kites are the most
          > blahblahblah, I am really interested in your experience.
          >
          > Thank you

        • punderhi
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2004
            I own the 2003 9, 12 and 16. I find they durability to be great,
            lift and upwind are also superior. I haven't seen anything out there
            that is more durable by appearance, and from experience would
            suggest that the bronco is among the best for lift and upwind
            ability.

            Cheers,

            Paul

            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, andreas.-wagner@t... wrote:
            > Dear all,
            >
            > I am looking for kites that are worth investing money for more
            than one
            > season ;-)
            >
            > Since Ocean Rodeo claims to have bulletproof kites, I am
            interested, in
            > what they really in the field of operation.
            >
            > So can anyone tell me, how their durability, lift and upwind
            capability
            > is.
            >
            > Since every kite manufacturer states, that his kites are the most
            > blahblahblah, I am really interested in your experience.
            >
            > Thank you

          • mobilekiteshop.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 17, 2004
              I am still riding a F-One Mach 1 12m, 2 years on, with a lot of use and it
              looks like it will last another year, or more.
              No bullshit.

              Steve
              steve@... <mailto:steve@...>
              Ph: 00 353 87-7993612
            • hilgrovens
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
                I've been flying an Ocean Rodeo 12M Bronco since 2002. I've got a lot
                of use on it; I've crashed it into hard west coast beaches, landed it
                in trees, and once it flew into a barbed-wire fence! It's been
                repaired a bit but all the construction materials, stitching and shape
                is still like new. I also have a 2003 9M and 2004 14M. The lift,
                depower and stability in gusty winds on all these kites are great;
                especially the 9M and 14M.

                Joe