Re: [ksurf] A not rapidly growing sport anymore!

  • Suntrax
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
      Hi Hung

      When you say growing do you mean more people moving into the sport than
      moving out, or, more learners?
      I can tell you that we have more learners going through kiteboarding schools
      with more instructors than ever before in Cape Town. In December, our prime
      selling month, we had kite unit sales growth of 44% in our store.
      Interestingly board sales were static, we put this down to the fact that
      there are more small custom operators than ever before and that production
      boards are improving, all giving the market a bigger choice.

      One thing we have noticed is that used kites are in less demand and becoming
      more difficult to sell.

      This is our 5th season in kiteboarding (since your old favourite, the Wipi
      classic!)

      Best regards

      Brian

      (========o]></

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Brian Wilson
      Suntrax
      Tel/fax 27 (0)21 5560044
      cell; 0824656696
      13 Bayside Centre
      Tableview
      Cape Town
      www.suntrax.co.za
      info@...
      Mon - Fri 9am-7pm
      Sat 9am-5pm
      Sun 9.30am- 2.00pm
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2004
        I can't for the life of me understand why people would want this
        sport to grow! Can someone tell me? I would assume that anybody who
        wants it to grow must dream of dollar signs not wind and waves.

        When I first started, I was talking it up and trying to get all my
        friends into it. since then I realized that the less people that
        know about this sport the better. It's as plain as day to me, you
        grow this sport as fast as some of you want, and in a couple of years
        you will have successfully converted many weed smokin, no regard for
        others, irresponsible teenagers who are going to get this sport
        BANNED. ...the only thing that keeps kids (with parents who like to
        create law suits) away from this sport will be with us keeping a low
        profile, and the prices for kites staying out of reach for most kids.

        Ringo

        unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com or
        > go to www.yahoogroups.com/group/kitesurf ==
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • husnu baylav
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2004
          Dear Ringo,
          i am a young,interprising Turkish businessman who always have $ and euro signs on his eyes.But hung or i was not talking about any values.We were just afraid that there are no newcommers to a young growing extremesports.As a hobby i am the owner of a new spot in Turkey.i earn real money by contracting 5 star hotels for their constructions,decorations,environmental designs,i sell them whatever they need,i also contract for industrial fire protection for chemical and industrial uses of the big plants over the world.BUT I LOVE TO KITESURF,LOVE THE WAVES,LOVE THE WIND SOMETIMES MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.like we all do and thats why we are the members of the ksurf group.
          Ok so why we are talking about the acceleration of the growt of kiteboarding.i am afraid to reach the peek point and that no new commers start this sport and we will not have any new products comming for new technologies.
          Did you windsurf?i windsurfed till 98,ran also like the first member off PWA from Turkey,and i started to kitesurf and quit windsurfing.i mean if there are no new commers.it will be in few years like wsurfing with the sail that i was using in 79-80 made by hoyle schweitzer.i love this sport and i want more people in.i really do make arguments with stupid people telling don't start kitesurfing 'cause it's dangereous.No man,if you are careless of what you are doing and pay no attention,it's not the sport which is dangereous,it is simply you,the danger 4 yourself and more important to notice 4 everybody staying near you.
          Sorry Ringo i am not telling you are wrong but you misunderstood our subject.Let's go on brain storming more if you don't get bored.Love ya all.bonne went tout le mond.Let the wind blow your kites and keep on edging hard.And don't 4get www.kitesurfbeach.com
          $__
          $ ) Husnu with dolar signs on the eyes:)keep cool.

          wrote:
          > Hi Hung
          >
          > When you say growing do you mean more people moving into the sport
          than
          > moving out, or, more learners?
          > I can tell you that we have more learners going through
          kiteboarding schools
          > with more instructors than ever before in Cape Town. In December,
          our prime
          > selling month, we had kite unit sales growth of 44% in our store.
          > Interestingly board sales were static, we put this down to the fact
          that
          > there are more small custom operators than ever before and that
          production
          > boards are improving, all giving the market a bigger choice.
          >
          > One thing we have noticed is that used kites are in less demand and
          becoming
          > more difficult to sell.
          >
          > This is our 5th season in kiteboarding (since your old favourite,
          the Wipi
          > classic!)
          >
          > Best regards
          >
          > Brian