A not rapidly growing sport anymore!

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
      I have notice a few things in the last 12 months that "tells" me that
      kitesurfing/kitesnowboarding/kiteskiing is not a growing sport anymore.

      WHY???

      Hung.
    • husnu baylav
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
        Dear Hung,What are these ''few things''which tells you that snowkite or kitesurf doesnt grow anymore?lets check and lets do the best to develope the ideas.come on guys ,time to brain storming.Husnu Baylav.
        www.kitesurfbeach.com
        info@...
        +90 536 458 84 94

        Hung Vu <hungvu2000@...> wrote:
        I have notice a few things in the last 12 months that "tells" me that
        kitesurfing/kitesnowboarding/kiteskiing is not a growing sport anymore.

        WHY???

        Hung.

        http://www.KiteHIGH.com
        ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
        ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
        Em: support@...

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • hungvuatnetcomdotca
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
          I feel that the sport is still growing but not as rapid as in the past.

          1/ The local growth for our area has peaked in early/mid 2003 and now
          the sport still grow but not as rapid

          2/ The online interest similarly has peaked in early/mid 2003 (on most
          popular groups, fora, email, etc.)

          3/ Most in the first batch of pioneers are getting bored and not
          actively promoting the sport anymore

          4/ The first few batches of kitesurfers are people doing relating
          sports (windsurfing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, etc.). Those in
          these groups who want to kitesurf have already done so, the rest is
          not likely to switch over as rapidly.

          5/ The onlookers still consider
          kitesurfing/kitesnowboarding/kiteskiing is only for the extemely fit
          person and afraid of not be able to learn (while kitesurfing in
          Varadero, I attracted many interested tourists but virtually all of
          them think kitesurfing is very difficult to learn and they won't be
          able to learn it; only a few plan to give it a try)

          P.S., Strangely enough, most of the onlooker don't think that
          kitesurfing is dangerous!!!

          Hung.

          kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com or go to
          www.yahoogroups.com/group/kitesurf ==

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Stefano Rosso
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
            I feel that the sport is still growing but not as rapid as in the past.
            1/ The local growth for our area has peaked in early/mid 2003 and now the
            sport still grow but not as rapid

            == here in brasil it seems to have hit the HYPE in that period but I am
            seeing a resurgence of popular interest.

            2/ The online interest similarly has peaked in early/mid 2003 (on most
            popular groups, fora, email, etc.)

            3/ Most in the first batch of pioneers are getting bored and not actively
            promoting the sport anymore

            == I am definitely bored... More interested in doing other sports...
            Kitesurf only when the conditions are really good !!

            4/ The first few batches of kitesurfers are people doing relating sports
            (windsurfing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, etc.). Those in these groups who
            want to kitesurf have already done so, the rest is not likely to switch over
            as rapidly.

            5/ The onlookers still consider
            kitesurfing/kitesnowboarding/kiteskiing is only for the extemely fit person
            and afraid of not be able to learn (while kitesurfing in Varadero, I
            attracted many interested tourists but virtually all of them think
            kitesurfing is very difficult to learn and they won't be able to learn it;
            only a few plan to give it a try)

            P.S., Strangely enough, most of the onlooker don't think that kitesurfing is
            dangerous!!!

            === I don't consider this strange. It has always been the case that people
            that kitesurfing is difficult and safe. (both wrong)

            By the way there was a bad accident here in brazil recently. A belgian
            tourist crashed headfirst into a wall. The usual onshore wind mistake of
            launching and screwing up. Apparently he survived allthough he cracked his
            head open and had several exposed fractures (and also apparently was dragged
            over some cactii)