Re: [ksurf] Much more spots for kitesurfers

  • hungvuatnetcomdotca
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 5, 2004
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, LA2WNDSRF@a... wrote:
      > Hung - It's your choice to go ANYWHERE in the world.
      > I am probably alone on this among the kiters- but I would rather go to
      > another neighboring island than Cuba, because of the political
      problems that I don't
      > support with Castro & his ilk.
      >
      > Out of respect for the Cuban people that I know and care about here
      in the
      > USA, I'll wait until democracy takes hold of that country, before
      I'll go there.

      Going to Cuba doesn't mean you support Castro. China and Vietnam are
      almost no longer communist countries (there are markets everywhere -
      BTW, most kitesurfing kites are "Made In China") while Cuba is still
      very much a pure Maxist country (no market except for artisan stuff).

      The best way to "democracize" a communist country is to let it "taste"
      capitalism.

      P.S., Too much for political talk, let's get back to kitesurfing ;-)

      Hung.
    • Stefano Rosso
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 12, 2004
        www.yahoogroups.com/group/kitesurf

        Click on JOIN THIS GROUP - follow the instructions...