Much more spots for kitesurfers

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
      After my trip to Varadero, Cuba, I start to wonder that we, kitesurfers,
      were so restricted to windsurfing traveling destinations in the past.

      Varadero is hardly a windsurfing paradise but it IS a kitesurfing
      paradise!!!

      There are MUCH MORE SPOTS that we can kitesurf on earth than those
      crowded and expensive windsurfing destinations!

      Let's explore the world and and find more kitesurfing destinations than
      those windsurfing places where you can count with your fingers.

      Hung.
    • fernmanus
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
        Hung,

        You made an excellent point. Unfortunately, the topic derailed into
        US World Politics instead of discussing new kiteboarding
        destinations.

        Yes, you can visit 3rd world countries, but I often think about
        destinations nearer to home. I live in Salt Lake City, UT. The
        city I live in is fairly well populated, but nearby are hundreds of
        miles of open land. There are lakes and reserviors scattered
        around. What I find interesting is the local canyon winds, venturi
        effect winds, thermals, etc. that are available at different
        locales. It gets even more interesting in the wintertime because
        there are far more locations available for snowkiting.

        I think a person could spend a lifetime just investigating the
        locations within 100 miles of home.

        Kenny