changing theequipment...

  • Aaron Giandonato
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2003
      Hi everybody!!
      After getting started in kitesurfing only few days in the Italian seas, on last November I went to Cape Verde where I spent 2 weeks training hard and finally I learned to go upwind and trying my first jumps.
      For this kite trip I brought my own equipment: a kiteboard RRD bidi 170cm (not so good for entry-level) and a kite RRD type 4.1 16m.
      Now I'd like to buy new equipment and I need some suggestions about board and kite shapes and manufacturers:
      1) KITES: In Cape Verde I've been rescued 2 times: I did not succedeed in relaunching the kite because of the strong wind that was dragging me up to Boa Vista Island. So, I need a good relaunchable kite... I've read something about the RECON system employed by Cabrinha. It seems to be a good safety system especially in relaunching the kite (it is almost "invisible"). Another system I read about is the one adopted by wipika which includes a 5th line but.... more lines, more troubles....
      More over, the SS fuels are attractive (especially the 2004 production) in terms of performance and material used in construction... Is Naish a really good one??...
      So... too many brands are confusing me... What about size and Aspect Ratio? Are those safety systems credibles?
      I think I'd have to buy 2 kites. It's better a 12m and a 18m or a 10m and a 16m? What about the manufacturers?? Do you think Cabrinha is a good choise?? which is the best model that combines safety and performance?
      2) BOARDS: my intent is to buy a board (not so "radical") which allows me to surf in medium/strong wind. For this reason I think that 140-145 cm is a good lenght What do you think about the slingshot SX series? Are Drops boards good ? Someone told me that the Cabrinha ones are good... Is the Naish "Stubbie" suitable for intermediates??

      Please... help me!!!
      I wish you all the best.

      Aaron