Re: Interseting Articles on Building Pyramids with Kites

  • lynchmob000000
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2003
      Hey, what about the tax dollars funding this research at a public
      institution? And they say there's no room to cut the state budget in
      California.

      I recently read of a gov't funded study that discovered that college
      students not only drink more than the average person, but their
      drinks are also mixed much stronger. Who would have imagined that?

      I have a theory that ancient Hawaiians used kites to transport large
      loads of taro root from one end of Maui to the other. Some of loads
      weighed as much as 200 lbs. and were placed on small boards
      and "skimmed" along the ocean surface from the Hana region to region
      now known as Kahului where the root was distributed to the general
      population.

      I'll need about $500,000 fund my initial research. A sophisticated
      testing facility will be established in the centrally located town of
      Pa'ia. Rigorous testing of various kite designs and materials will
      be required during the first several years. Once I'm done with this
      initial phase of testing, I think I'll have enough data to
      demonstrate that kites can indeed be used for transportation. This
      should easily support a second round of funding.

      Maybe a nice landlocked school like Univ. of Kansas can provide the
      grant. Makes about as much sense as CalTech funding research about
      how pyramids are built.

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, geoff hopkins <geodixiesimba@y...>
      wrote:

      > Found some interesting articles, and pictures of
      > people at CalTech using kites to raise Obelisks. They
      > have a theory that the Egyptians may have used kites
      > to raise the huge boulders.
      >
      > Read more about it here:
      > http://www.kitecorpus.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=271#271
      >
      > Have excerpts, and multiple links to pictures, and
      > diagrams on how they did it.
      >
      > REally interesting.
      >
      > geo
      > kitecorpus.com