Re: are boxers low aspect high performance ?? com

  • whysail
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2003
      I have a 12 and 9 Boxer, and have flown the 16. I too like mid aspect
      kites and really like the boxers, expecially in the small sizes. They
      come with 22? meters of lines, and you won't be able to tell the
      difference. (I typically fly Fuels with 27m). We sell them as our
      beginner kites, but my intentions are to get them in the surf. They
      are stable, turn around them selves(underloop easy)and can be flown
      overpowered. It is almost impossible to overfly the window. (see why
      I want it in the surf!)You won't jump as high as an X4, Rhino 4, but
      you'll stay in the air as long.

      I love Slingshots, but the Boxer is a way better kite than the GTO
      imho.

      I suggest youm try one. You can try one of ours if in Houston, or
      talk Shane or Cliff in SPI into trying one of theirs. They are
      hosting the demo in FEB again if you can wait that long, Naish will
      be there for sure.

      Charlie
    • whysail
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2003
        Go to site, open the "check out 2004 product". The PDF program will
        open, go to PIC you want and click on the box at top next to the
        hand, it will say select text or select picture, pick picture, click
        on pic you want and it will be in your clipboard.

        Have fun, the '04 kites great!
        Charlie
      • Kite Power (Sydney)
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 2, 2003
          Hi
          Boxers are by the 2003/2004 standard, medium aspect ratio kites, 1-2 years
          ago they would have been rated high ar kites!
          Ar is only one part of a kites design, you should never judge any kite with
          an ar over 5 to 1 and dismiss it as too high ar.
          4-5 to 1 is medium, and 1-3 is low, in kites IMO
          The Boxer is a great all round kite, and Naish have decided to mmke a bit
          less money from them, to retain market share, thats the truth about them!
          The kite turns tight with medium to light bar pressure, forward flight speed
          is not the fastest, but as good or better than many so called high
          performance/high AR kites from other makers.
          It has a great safety system, and I would recommend it to anyone, of any
          skill level.
          I agree that we need to promote safe kiting much better, too many desperate
          players in the market now, too many poorly trained, uncaring instructors,
          too many team riders dumping product on the beaches, often with no real
          lesson, if it keeps up there will be no-where left to do the sport!
          Cya and
          Goodwinds
          Steve McCormack
          www.kitepower.com.au
        • Philip Mann
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 8, 2003
            I have been flying the boxers for a few months and am very happy with
            the performamce.
            It is important to know what I like to see if this pertains to you.
            I like moderate aspect kites, I like a kite that stays back in the
            window a bit so i can load up against it quickly. I like a
            predictable kite as I like to spin and have my eyes off the kite a
            bit.

            The Boxer is a high performance kite and it is lower aspect.
            It jumps surpsingly well.

            Great kite for aerial transitions, spins and to whip sytle jumps.

            Hein, I owe you one, so If you want me to send you a kite to try let
            me know.

            Philip
            kitesite.net

            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "wyndjunkie2000" <wyndjunkie@m...>