Re: kite surf trip to venezuela

  • rsmerritt1
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2003
      I am very intersted in the Los Roques trip. I spent a month in
      Margarita this summer learning to kite, but don't have much water
      time since then. Unfortunately, I never made it to Los Roques. Tell
      me more abouat the sailing part of the trip. By the way, I am female-
      -hope that is not a deal breaker.......
      Robin

      In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Reinaldo Garcia" <rgarcia@c...> wrote:
      > i'm a Venezuelan who lives (and kites) in Miami, FL.
      > I'm planning a kitesurf trip to Los Roques(*) in December or
      January for about 1 to 2 weeks in a saiboat (8-10 people).
      > I travel frequently to Venezuela and know my way around.
      > I'm starting to plan this, if you're interested email me for more
      details.

      > ray.
      >
      > (*) los Roques archipelago is a world class kitesurfing destination
      spot (google los roques for more info) that is only reachable by
      small airplane and/or yacth/sailboat north of La Guaira (where the
      Venezuela international airport is). wind in december-July is 17-30
      kts

      > Venezuela is about 2.5 hours (200 to 300$) flight from Miami.
      > It's an unexpensive place to travel since the dollar is very strong
      against the national currency.

      > other more famous spots in venezuela include el yaque, coche,
      margarita , (world class destinations). but i've heard a lot of good
      stories about los roques, and actually been there a while ago (before
      taking up kitesurf), it's a amazing place.