[ksurf] Re: Check this out

  • Steve McCormack
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2003
      From the first time I saw you kite at the Love In Dave I knew you
      were mad too!! :-)))
      I know you are not knocking Goshen, when you first watch that video
      it looks pretty mad!
      Sounds like lots of fun down there behind that rockwall, something I
      have to find up here, just found out I need a knee replacement!
      That was not one of my better days, but after I let it fully sink in,
      I realised I will always be able to buggy, and probably always be
      able to fly some sort of kite!
      Can't kite in choppy water at all now, need smooth stuff, and then I
      can last an hour os so, will be putting off the op for as long as I
      can, maybe the fake knees will get better?
      Take care of your knees kiddos!
      Have fun, cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve
      www.kitepower.com.au

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "vide72au" <vide72au@y...> wrote:
      > Steve
      >
      > I wasn't knocking Goshen at all... it's great that he has the
      skills and confidence to
      > pull these crazy things off. Goshen has spent thousands of hours
      with his kite and
      > knows exactly what he is doing. Thats some pretty good kite control
      he has to try that
      > stuff on land. not much room for error.
      >
      > I know what you mean about the zone... yesterday was one of my
      most fun sessions
      > ever. There were were about 5 of us out at St kilda behind the pier
      in glassy water and
      > 20knots just before sunset. All pushing each other, yelling and
      hooting. Everyone was
      > doing big jumps with multiple spins trying kiteloops and trying to
      go bigger than the
      > jump before. Even when you blow it and think your going to break
      your legs it gets
      > addictive and you go at it again with a big grin. I managed to put
      some serious heel
      > dents in my Naish 4'7 Pro and these are strong boards! I got
      carried away on one and
      > winded the hell out of myself after jumping way to high and then
      looping my kite way
      > too late. I have never hit the water so hard doing anything before.
      But it was all fun.