other things to do with a kite

  • ringokiter
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2003
      Has anybody ever tried to get pulled on snowboard on sand? I tried
      it yesterday, but it didn't work. It rained a couple hours earlier
      so the sand was wet and I just stuck to it. I'm thinking maybe if it
      was dry it may have worked. Anybody tried it?

      ...oh well, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

      Ringo.
    • joe smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2003
        ringo ---- if you look around on the internet you will find people "skiing" on really short (2 foot) snow skis on wet sand. if you ready kiteboarding mag you will see big articles on kitesnowboarding (big in Colorado) and you will also find people buggying. i am new to kiteboarding but have been buggying for three years. it is a blast and if you are a little crafty you can make a buggy for around $100 . ---- i fly a 5 meter behind my buggy on hard sand or fields. in just 9 mph wind i have gone around 25 mph. --- if you have snow already you can have a blast on a snowboard. or even sno skis.

        ringokiter <davidtoushek@...> wrote:
        Has anybody ever tried to get pulled on snowboard on sand? I tried
        it yesterday, but it didn't work. It rained a couple hours earlier
        so the sand was wet and I just stuck to it. I'm thinking maybe if it
        was dry it may have worked. Anybody tried it?

        ...oh well, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

        Ringo.

        http://www.KiteHIGH.com
        ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
        ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
        Em: support@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
          i have gone on grass with a board wrapped in cardboard. It works but is hard
          to edge.
          Prairie surfing.
          George

        • lordfak
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
            Plastic popout sledges on snow.
            Foil on handles.
            Sit down and steer by moving centre of effort back and forth. Like
            the bog old windsurfers....Could go up wind! Surprised me too

            Tried 3 sledges on a buggy (ply tops with rectangular slot to drop
            wheels in). Didn't work. don't know why.

            62mph on a two wheeled buggy on sand.
            http://www.geocities.com/windengines/kitebike.html

            Jumped off a big dune with a 10sq m Sputnik...Dropped like a rock