Re: Check this out

  • vide72au
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2003
      That is pretty crazy. I worry about Goshen!

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Steve McCormack" <sydney@k...> wrote:
      > http://www.kitepower.com.au/web_clips/media/ep_goshen_05.mov
      >
      > Cut and paste this link into a browser
      >
      > Cya and
      > Goodwinds
      > Steve McCormack
      > www.kitepower.com.au
    • Steve McCormack
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003
        Hi Dave
        Have you ever used a traction kite on land, on a buggy or ATB?
        Its a perception thing, I have pics of Goshen hanging off 100'+
        cliffs and rockfaces, he is just the sort of person.
        He told me it was a super smooth wind that day, I know the spot, you
        get a real nice updraft there. He also said he was
        just "centered" "in the groove", I'm sure you know the feeling, you
        must get it kiteboarding?
        I think I have even seen you in the "zone"!
        He did lots of jumps that day, blew a few, and walked away from all
        of them unharmed.
        We all do crazy things with kites, even kitesurfing is pretty insane,
        remember some of your bad days?
        I hope he never gets hurt, thats natural I'm his dad, but if he has
        to get hurt, it will be doing something he loves with a passion, its
        just the way he is.
        Life is short and uncertain, go hard, have fun all the way, harm no-
        one else, share your knowledge, its the way we live at kitepower!
        Cya mate :-)
        Steve
        www.kitepower.com.au

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "vide72au" <vide72au@y...> wrote:
        > That is pretty crazy. I worry about Goshen!
        >

        > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Steve McCormack" <sydney@k...>
        wrote:
        > > http://www.kitepower.com.au/web_clips/media/ep_goshen_05.mov
        > >
        > > Cut and paste this link into a browser
        > >
        > > Cya and
        > > Goodwinds
        > > Steve McCormack
        > > www.kitepower.com.au
      • Kite Power (Sydney)
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003
          Hi Andy

          No not proud, but very, very happy that he is happy doing something he
          loves, and that he does it so well, that it gives pleasure to others to
          watch, and inspires them to go further than they think they can. And that
          people pay him to do that is another added bonus, he is part owner of
          Kitepower and runs our Geelong store.

          When I said I have picks of him hanging off cliffs, I forgot to add he is a
          rockclimber!
          :-))

          Cya and
          Goodwinds
          Steve McCormack
          www.kitepower.com.au

        • Marcelo
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 11, 2003
            Life is short and uncertain, go hard, have fun all the way, harm no-
            one else, share your knowledge, its the way we live at kitepower!

            ----------

            Oh! Man!
            I'm not an english speaking guy, but I do like your words!
            We fly under the same sky.

            Cheers!

            Marcelo Fornaso
            from Buenos Aires

            wrote:
            > Hi Dave
            > Have you ever used a traction kite on land, on a buggy or ATB?
            > Its a perception thing, I have pics of Goshen hanging off 100'+
            > cliffs and rockfaces, he is just the sort of person.
            > He told me it was a super smooth wind that day, I know the spot,
            you
            > get a real nice updraft there. He also said he was
            > just "centered" "in the groove", I'm sure you know the feeling, you
            > must get it kiteboarding?
            > I think I have even seen you in the "zone"!
            > He did lots of jumps that day, blew a few, and walked away from all
            > of them unharmed.
            > We all do crazy things with kites, even kitesurfing is pretty
            insane,
            > remember some of your bad days?
            > I hope he never gets hurt, thats natural I'm his dad, but if he has
            > to get hurt, it will be doing something he loves with a passion,
            its
            > just the way he is.
            > Life is short and uncertain, go hard, have fun all the way, harm no-
            > one else, share your knowledge, its the way we live at kitepower!
            > Cya mate :-)
            > Steve
            > www.kitepower.com.au
            >

            > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "vide72au" <vide72au@y...> wrote:
            > > That is pretty crazy. I worry about Goshen!
            > >

            > > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Steve McCormack" <sydney@k...>
            > wrote:
            > > > http://www.kitepower.com.au/web_clips/media/ep_goshen_05.mov
            > > >
            > > > Cut and paste this link into a browser
            > > >
            > > > Cya and
            > > > Goodwinds
            > > > Steve McCormack
            > > > www.kitepower.com.au
          • Greg Walsh
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 11, 2003
              Kites obviously make people do mad things. This paragraph is taken
              from a review of the last paragliding world championships in
              Portugal. Most paragliders are 25-30 sq.m.

              "Day 4:
              Task Cancelled due to strong winds. Most people flew anyway and were
              amazed to see some guy flying around on an eight m2 Advance kite. It
              was quite spectacular with a 60 km/h trim speed and went past comp
              wings as if they were standing still. It didn't thermal very well but
              hey, it went up!"

              http://www.xcmag.com/html/read/article.cfm?id=1085&uuid=BBA1730D-6040-
              42EE-B6074C595F1E9084