reversing lines

  • larrywoodsxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2003
      Last month I saw a guy at the beach with a four line kite that had
      two short, loose hanging lines, that stared about ten feet down the
      stirring lines and ended at the trailing edge near the ends of the
      two middle struts. Although I never saw him use these lines, he said
      that if you pull on the stirring lines while the kite is leading
      edge down on the water, that it would reverse if out and away you
      go.

      Does anyone know anything about this, or has anyone ever tried
      anything like this.

      I have a Cabrinha 12.2 (16.5) BT for light wind. The problem I am
      having is that I can stay up wind in very wind conditions, but if I
      crash the kite, the wind is not strong enough to flip it over onto
      its back in order to relaunch.

      Thanks.