Re: New CO2 or Black Tip better for light winds?

  • windrider1212
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 25, 2003
      Both kites will probably work well in light winds, but a lot depends
      on what type of kite boarding you like to do and what your wind is
      like where you kite.

      If your wind is gusty a lower AR kite is going to more stable and it
      won't need as much attention as a high AR kite. The lower AR kite
      should have better low end power, but it won't have as much range as
      the higher AR kite.

      I think all of the Kite Boardng Events are what really drive the
      design of kites and boards. The trend now is hang time for the board
      off tricks. So you need a big kite that has a lot of range and a
      really small board. But this combination may not work well on an
      inland lake with inconsistent wind. Also this combination doesn't
      leave much margin for error. So you have to be very careful when you
      launch.

      From time to time I like to watch some old videos of Lou Waiman and
      Elliot Leboe just ripping on 2 line 5.0 Wipikas and regular
      wakeboards. These videos remind me that you don't have to have the
      latest and greatest equipment to have fun kiting.

      Keith