kite pulls to one side

  • kombibob20027
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
      i have a wipika airblast 8.4 that pulls to one side i have lengthend
      the rear pony tail on it about 3" and it still pulls to that side,the
      same bar and lines works fine on all my other kites, has any one else
      had this prob with an inflatable if so can it be fixed ass the kite
      is in good cond
    • witblitssa
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2003
        I have the same kite, mine also pulls slightly to one side, not so
        much it bothers me but still... The lines are same length. Don't know
        what it is though.

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "kombibob20027" <kombibob36@h...> wrote:
        > i have a wipika airblast 8.4 that pulls to one side i have lengthend
        > the rear pony tail on it about 3" and it still pulls to that side,the
        > same bar and lines works fine on all my other kites, has any one else
        > had this prob with an inflatable if so can it be fixed ass the kite
        > is in good cond
      • colinkites2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2003
          Many kites have this problem. You can usually tell if a kite
          is "twisted" by just holding it by the center like you would normally
          carry it upwind and see if one tip is higher than the other. There is
          a certain tolerance that companies (different for each one) will
          allow to pass through when they come out of the factory. It gets more
          irritating when flying on short lines. This can be a problem with
          buying a used kite that you haven't tried over the net etc.

          All the best,
          Colin