Re: [ksurf] Re: Slingshot Stealth 7.7m Foil - Won;t Launch or Fill with AIR?? help!!

  • Ty
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 24, 2003
      Thanks Steve :

      I am going to perform evasive surgery today on my new
      7.7m stealth foil. I am going to remove the one way
      valves and mesh and see what happens :)

      Thanks for the heads up Steve!!!

      Ty Chu
      --- manuals_cd <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > Hi Ty,
      >
      > Ive just picked a a F-One 7m and have had the same
      > problem.
      > I have managed to get the old dog up after holding
      > the LE into wind
      > for 10 mins with the velcro open (on the LE)- this
      > alows the air to
      > flow in thro the mesh and the velcro opening.
      > I tried for a couple of days to get the kite up when
      > only half filled
      > with no luck!
      > Regards
      > Steve
      >

      > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Ty
      > <uranium029@y...> wrote:
      > > Thanks Mark for the heads up!
      > >
      > > Yes there is a mesh I think 6 or seven of them
      > with
      > > one way valves, it seems that it would take 20mph
      > > winds to fill the cells up thru these tiny
      > openings?
      > > I was thinking of cutting them off or perhaps
      > sending
      > > the kite back to Slingshot for adjustment, since
      > it
      > > won't even fly upward, and won't fill up with air
      > no
      > > matter what I do. I have tried it in 15mph winds
      > to no
      > > avail.
      > >
      > > I will try again to leave the trailing edge open
      > and
      > > fill 50% prior to launching - we'll see what
      > happens,
      > > Oh how I miss my slingshot b-4 so simple no crazy
      > > vents, I am thinking of picking up a Rhombus
      > Firebee
      > > 5.5 and a 4.0 Firebee in a few days for my
      > > mountainboarding since this slingshot is
      > inoperable.
      > >

      > > Thanks for your help !!
      > >
      > > Sincerely,
      > >
      > > Ty Chu
      > >
      > > --- Mark Pronk <mpronk@m...> wrote:
      > > > Hi Ty,
      > > >
      > > > What kind of wind you tried this in? If you try
      > > > inflate it when you
      > > > keep both sides of the kite together with a
      > helper
      > > > won't it inflate
      > > > either?
      > > >
      > > > Is there a maze / mesh in front of the inflation
      > > > openings? Or some kind
      > > > of valves? The velcro you speak bout is probably
      > on
      > > > the trailing egde?
      > > >
      > > > I have flown an old foil of F-One once, that
      > didn't
      > > > want to inflate
      > > > using a downwind launch. That old bugger had to
      > be
      > > > inflated with my
      > > > helper. Both keeping the LE in the wind so it
      > slowly
      > > > inflated. Trying to
      > > > keep the butthole (velcro opening) in the wind
      > > > inflates it too... It
      > > > it's partially inflated (like more then 50%) it
> [...]

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • doomwheels
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 25, 2003
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Ty <uranium029@y...> wrote:
        > Thanks Steve :
        >
        > I am going to perform evasive surgery today on my new
        > 7.7m stealth foil. I am going to remove the one way
        > valves and mesh and see what happens :)

        One thing that will happen for sure is you will void any support
        from the manufacturer. Sounds like you're trying to kick a dead
        horse, I'd send it back in fact this is not due to user error.