Weather in Cabarete

  • aaron72@virgilio.it
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2003
      Hi everybody!!!
      I'd like to go to Cabarete for 2 weeks, planning to arrive there in the last
      days of September. It seems, as I learned from some sites, that Sep. and Oct.
      are months not suitable for kitesurfin because of the weather (many
      rainfalls). Anyone of you have been there in this period? Do you have any info
      about it?
      Thanks a lot.
      From Italy
      Aaron
      (========o]></
    • flygirl93402
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2003
        hi Aaron,

        I am with the kitesurfing center and hotel Kitexcite in Cabarete,
        Dominican Republic. Traditionally, Oct/Nov we get a bit of rain but
        the last two years, Oct-Dec has been pretty good with the rain coming
        in Jan/Feb. Even with "rainy" season, Cabarete still manages to eke
        out 65-70% kitesurfable days during the "off months", and about 300
        kitesurfable days a year. As weather patterns are off this year
        worldwide, it's anybody's guess what this fall will bring!

        Marina
        Kitexcite
        Cabarete/dr