Re: To buy or not to buy that is the Question?

  • startuid
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 20, 2003
      Hi-ya

      I weight about 230lbs, and just bought a 12.2 air rush

      Do you think a 12.2 will get me up?
      thanks
      Miek

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, CC - Steve <kite_head@n...> wrote:
      > If you can stay upwind consistently you are beyond beginner and
      you are by definition using a big enough kite for your weight and
      condtions. Why do you want a bigger kite? What is your weight?
      What kite sizes are
      > others of your weight using?
      >
      > If I remember correctly a Wipi AB 11 is about the equivalent of a
      Naish 16

      > High AR kites are harder to relaunch but do- able once you learn.
      >
      > If the kite is the right size it is not a waste.
      >
      > Get some help learning to relaunch
      >
      > Steve
      > Carson City, Nevada, USA
      >

      > 8/18/2003 11:28:27 AM, martin ginsburg <gloryrainbow1@y...> wrote:
      >
      > >I am a beginner kiter have a Cabrina Co2 8.5. I can go upwind
      consistently. Winds are light here in L.A, and I am told that a 16
      would be better for my size. I have seen an ad for a Wipika
      Airblast 2001 high aspect
      > ratio 16 for cheap. Am I wasting my money or will it work for
      me? Is it easily relaunchable? Any other help is appreciated.

      > >http://www.KiteHIGH.com
      > >ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
      > >ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
      > >Em: support@k...
      > >
      > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Todd
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 23, 2003
        Same old crock of shit on this group. bIGGER IS BETER !!!!
        yEAH LETS PUT BEGGINNERS ON THE BIGGEST KITE THAT SEEMS POSSIBLE AND
        put them IN the chicken trim loop. Biggers not always better its how
        you use it that counts. Controoooooooool ooooooh ahhhhh feeeeel the
        poweer mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm but don't let it go hold it. Wheres the sweet
        spot mmmmmm..................you'll know just don't let it
        gooooo,,,,,,,,ahhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,oooohhhhhh...........
        TOdD

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Stefano Rosso" <stefano.rosso@a...>