Re: [ksurf] To buy or not to buy that is the Question?

  • CC - Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20 12:07 PM
      If you can stay upwind consistently you are beyond beginner and you are by definition using a big enough kite for your weight and condtions. Why do you want a bigger kite? What is your weight? What kite sizes are
      others of your weight using?

      If I remember correctly a Wipi AB 11 is about the equivalent of a Naish 16

      High AR kites are harder to relaunch but do- able once you learn.

      If the kite is the right size it is not a waste.

      Get some help learning to relaunch

      Steve
      Carson City, Nevada, USA

      8/18/2003 11:28:27 AM, martin ginsburg <gloryrainbow1@...> wrote:

      >I am a beginner kiter have a Cabrina Co2 8.5. I can go upwind consistently. Winds are light here in L.A, and I am told that a 16 would be better for my size. I have seen an ad for a Wipika Airblast 2001 high aspect
      ratio 16 for cheap. Am I wasting my money or will it work for me? Is it easily relaunchable? Any other help is appreciated.